Monday, October 3, 2011

Photos!

     A particularly devastating potato-related disappointment has convinced me that today would be a good day for a picture day. Besides, I have a really cool sunrise I want to share...


     I'll lead up to that, though. As the autumn days grow cooler, most of us will have to adjust for comfort. But for a great many denizens of the county, the approaching cold could prove very lethal. Seeing lizards like this one, will become a much rarer occurrence. (Until late next spring, anyhow.) This is a big lizard, about a foot long. It was so cold that I was actually able to touch it. It had very rough scales.


     I took this picture of Owyhee County while standing in Canyon County. The river is the boundary. What you see is the farmland between Marsing and Homedale and the rangelands beyond.


     And here it is. I took this picture on Saturday morning. A lightning storm started a fire somewhere out in the county. The smoke makes for very orange light conditions. It's a full resolution photo if you click on it.
     More news tomorrow. I have a sneaky suspicion I might be able to start wrapping up these corn posts pretty soon. Have a lovely Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment