Thursday, September 15, 2011

Picture Day

     We awoke to a cool and cloudy morning here in Owyhee County. So all the farmers started to work their dirt. Since I've covered all that pretty extensively, I think I'll show you some pictures instead.


     Everybody loves snakes, right? No? Okay fine. This little guy (a garter snake, I think...) didn't want to leave his warm spot on the road. Don't worry, I scared him off so he wouldn't get run over.


     To make up for the snake, here's a pretty flower. This is from the author's grandparent's house. True to their name, these morning glories only open in the morning. (and are quite glorious)


     We've got this dust in some places of Owyhee County that puts other dust to shame. It's lighter and poofier (Whatever spellcheck says, I still say it's a word.) than flour. Its terrible for getting on your clothes, and in your house, but it's great for leaving tracks! Does anybody know what makes these funny tracks? (I do.)


     To finish off, I'm going to leave you with last night's sunset. This, I feel, is one of the best pictures I've taken to date. So if you click it, you'll get a full resolution version. It's big! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment