Thursday, September 29, 2011

Not Quite

     I took a look at a popcorn field today. Here is what I saw...


     Just a regular ol' corn field. Can you see how large the ears have gotten? It won't be long now.


     These are the waning days for this corn field. And its denizens as well. This ladybug will have to find another home soon.


     As will it's icky prey. This is a pile of Pea Aphids. I'm pretty sure they're mostly dead.


     Nearby, a crime scene unfolds. Two sets of tracks mark the passing of corn thieves! One set belongs to a raccoon, the other to something else.


     In a totally unrelated story, I acquired an ear from the very same field. It might look done, but its not. The kernels are still a bit soft. They won't be ready to harvest, or pop, for a bit.
     Corn picking time is coming! I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment