Wednesday, May 25, 2011

First Cutting

     I'm running late, so today's post will have to be a brief one. I apologize for this.

     Some of the hay growers of Owyhee County have already started to cut their hay for the first time.


     Unfortunately, the wind is blowing quite hard this morning so I wasn't able to catch anyone in the act. The tell tale wind-rows, are starting to pop up, though.


     Here's one of the culprits, but as you can see, it's not doing anything. The only person I could find was raking his hay, and was in the process of calling it quits.


     On days like this, it's best to try to avoid from stirring up things that blow away. So the farmers and ranchers will most likely have to spend the day turning wrenches and such.
     That should give me enough time to write up a proper post, that is, if the county doesn't blow away.

No comments:

Post a Comment